Friday, November 7, 2008

Portfolio progress

My portfolio as a whole is progressing fairly well so far. I have not produced any final drafts as of yet, but I have completed at least the second draft of all of our class projects to date. As I have stated in previous blogs, my individual report has been going nowhere. The topic I chose was light on hard, statistical evidence, and too dependent upon the generosity of others for potential research. I have decided to change my topic for my individual report...which is due next week! "Good luck" eh?
I have been reasonably pleased with my work thus far on our other assignments which go into the portfolio at the end of the semester. The travel report assignment was very enjoyable for me (as I explained in a previous blog). It was my inaugural foray into the arena of "business writing"arena. Given the thorough templates contained in the textbook, I think even the initial draft turned out respectably well. I have since "refined" it a little-into a second draft.
My employment materials assignment was extremely beneficial and practical for me. It guided me into producing an updated, 21st Century quality resume. It also benefitted me by showing me what a professional cover letter should contain, and what its "tone" should be. This was one bit of constructive learning that I will take with me for the rest of my life. I am grateful.
As for our group project, we felt - as a group- that we had to abandon our original concept and adopt a new one. Fortunately, we have made some great progress. Our group really pulled together in an urgent situation.

No comments: