Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Individual Report 10/31

As I stated in my post earlier this week, I am beginning to consider either another topic or taking my original topic in a vastly different direction. I was able to complete 2/3 of my research, but then I hit a snag. I have been unable to find a competing company in the area that is willing to give me a written copy of their company drug and alcohol policy.
Even more problematic is the fact that my own employer, Kreager Brothers Excavating, is unwilling to share its statistics with me in regards to failed tests and rates of residivism. Furthermore, I am fairly confident that I am not going to be able to find an outside company that will share this sensitive information with me. This barrier to my research has me contemplating other possibilities for my individual report. My due date for the first draft is November 14, so time is running short. Therefore, whatever other topic that I end up using will need to be excessively conducive to the research process.
As for the information I have been able to obtain, I have compiled it into a preliminary "very rough" draft. The separate drug and alcohol policies that are in play at Kreager Brothers (one for union employees and one for non-union workers) have facilitated an excellent compare and contrast segment for the project. Unfortunately, that is all that I have penned thus far. Obviously, I have some urgent issues which need to be addressed. I either need to take another direction with my original idea promptly; or I have to change topics immediately.

No comments: